The objectives of RPL are:
- To align the competencies of the un – regulated workforce of the country to the standardized NSQF.
- To enhance the career/ employability opportunities of a working individual as well as provide alternative routes to higher education.
- To provide opportunities for reducing inequalities based on privileging certain forms of knowledge over others.
The RPL Project types:
Depending on the project type, TSP is supposed to find an area that is close and accessible to most workers in the cluster/ geographical area. This could be a community hall, a rented premise in a factory, any other common area. TSP ensures that the location lends itself to smart and prominent branding as per SJKVY-RPL guidelines. This can then slowly build up for walk in individuals as well.
- RPL Camps – mainly for workforce which is largely available in an industrial cluster/ traditional clusters. E.g.- Any farm producing organization or local artesian cluster.
- Employer’s premises – which specifically targets on site Employer premises and is generally suited to formal employment. Apparel factories, textiles mills may offer larger workforces.
- RPL centers – targets scattered workforce and (usually) pertaining to self-employed/ livelihood or much unorganized workforce.
|RPL operational Since||May 2018|
|Empanelled Partners||Sector Skill Council: 3, Direct :2|
|Work Order Issued||25000|
|Course Duration||12 Hours|
|Sectors and Trade covered under the scheme||
Iron & Steel, Plumbing, Furniture & Fitting, Beauty & Wellness, IT/ITES, Apparel, Healthcare, Logistic, Green Jobs etc.